Cook some oats (quick, rolled, or steel cut)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- Add in 1 cup of oats, and bring down to a simmer
- Mix in 1 T of agave, honey, or sugar
- Mix in 1 t of cinnamon
- Remove from heat
Load it up
- This is your chance to add all the nutrient-dense, delicious toppings you can think of. Here’s some ideas:
- Fruit - berries, bananas, apples, raisins, peaches, mangos, etc.
- Nuts and seeds - peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans, chia, hemp, flax, etc.
- Nut butter - peanut butter, almond butter, etc.
- Other spices/flavors - nutmeg, cocoa powder, vanilla, etc.
Top it with something creamy
- My favorites are soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk
About the Author: VIC JOHNSON
Hi, I'm Vic! I'm a nutrition coach for outdoor athletes, and love getting out on my own adventures too. I run trails and ultras, ride bicycles, and live for human powered epics in wild places. I nerd out on functional nutrition and love sharing what I've learned with others!